Week 4 Top 25 Game Performances
|RK||Team||FOE||OFF RUSH||OFF PASS||OFF PTS||DEF RUSH||DEF PASS||DEF PTS||Grade|
|5||NC ST||AT||Georgia Tech||159||368||45||247||116||28||97.3|
|8||FLORIDA ST||Wake Forest||201||284||31||103||82||0||95.7|
|9||OHIO ST||E Michigan||342||303||73||40||208||20||95.2|
|12||BOISE ST||Oregon St||178||296||37||75||158||24||94.1|
|13||VIRGINIA TECH||AT||Boston College||106||237||19||70||180||0||93.5|
|14||SAN DIEGO ST||Utah St||142||362||41||115||130||7||92.9|
|18||UTAH||San Jose St||272||155||56||94||78||3||91|
1. Miami was dominant from start to finish in their 31-3 win over Pittsburgh. The defense held the Panthers to just 76 total yds in the first half before the offense got going in the 3rd quarter. A couple of QB Harris interceptions kept this game from being even more of a rout.
2. Arizona St despite the loss was very impressive against Oregon. They outgained the Ducks 597-380 but were -5 in TO’s. The Ducks had come into the game as the top total offense and total defense in the NCAA.
3. Iowa rebounded from the loss to Arizona last week with a 45-0 win over Ball St. The Hawkeyes offense put up 562 yds while their #1 total defense gave up just 112 yds.
4. Stanford got their first win at Notre Dame since 1992 and their first back-to-back wins vs the Irish in series history with a 37-14 win. The Cards had a commanding 167-50 rush yd edge and pressured ND QB Crist all day.
5. NC State led by QB Wilson who had a career-high 368 pass yds beat the defending ACC champion Yellow Jackets 45-28. The Wolfpack racked up 527 total yds and their 45 points were the most in series history as they are 4-0 for the first time in nearly a decade.
6. The Wolverines were simply too much for Bowling Green with or without QB Denard Robinson. Michigan had 468 rush yds to go along with 253 pass yds as they had a school-record 721 total yds.
7. The Gators offense finally came alive for the first time this season with their 24th straight win vs Kentucky. Trey Burton broke Tim Tebow’s school-record with 6 total TD’s as the Gators get ready to take on defending champ Alabama this week.
8. Florida St has played lights out at home this year (outscored opponents by a combined 124-16) and yesterday dominated Wake Forest 31-0 with a 485-191 yd edge.
9. The Buckeyes scored their most points (73) since 1960 in the win over hapless Eastern Michigan. QB Terrelle Pryor accounted for 6 TD’s as the #2 Buckeyes continue to roll this season.
10. The #1 Crimson Tide had to come back from a 20-7 2H deficit to beat #10 Arkansas 24-20. While the pass defense allowed 359 yds to Mallett, they intercepted him a couple of times and Alabama controlled the line of scrimmage with a 227-63 rush yd edge.