Week 5 Top 25 Game Grades
|3||BOISE ST||AT||New Mexico St||299||310||59||118||89||0||99.275|
|15||TEXAS A&M||AT||Oklahoma St||126||409||35||67||284||38||88|
|17||NOTRE DAME||AT||Boston College||112||203||31||5||265||13||87.725|
|21||VIRGINIA TECH||AT||NC State||316||123||41||142||362||30||84.7|
|23||OREGON ST||Arizona St||156||260||31||161||203||28||83.6|
1. Baylor had their most lopsided conference win in it’s history with a 55-7 win over Kansas. QB Griffin threw for a career-high 380 yards as the Bears rolled up a 678-270 yd edge and move one step closer to getting their first bowl bid since 1994.
2. The Ducks were down 21-3 early to Stanford but then outscored the Cardinal 49-10 in the last 2+ quarters cementing themselves as the #3 team in the country with the new polls. Oregon rolled up 625 yds of offense and were led by RB James 257 rush yds and QB Thomas threw for 237 more.
3. Boise St has to win impressively each and every week and that still might not be enough as they beat New Mexico St 59-0 but fell one spot in the polls/ The Broncos did roll up 609 yds of offense compared to just 207 for the Aggies.
4. The Crimson Tide were very impressive early in jumping out to a 24-3 over the Gators. However the score was a little closer than it appeared as UF actually outgained them but three trips inside the Alabama 10 yd line netted zero points. Nonetheless, anytime you beat the #7 team in the country by 25 points you are going to get mentioned as a top performance.
5. TCU did not get off to a great start vs Colorado St as they only led 6-0 at HT. In the 2H they were dominant and finished the game with a 474-161 yd edge in the 27-0 win.
6. Miami playing in their 3rd str away game (haven’t played a home game since Sept. 2!) was impressive with a 30-21 win over Clemson. QB Harris threw four touchdown passes as Miami led 27-14 at HT and it could have been worse as Harris threw two key interceptions deep in Clemson territory.
7. Oklahoma broke their 2 game losing streak in the Red River Rivalry with a 28-20 win over Texas. They did stay true to a reocurring them all season as they build up double digit leads in the 2H only to make things interesting late.
8. The Hawkeyes were dominant early in the game against the Nittany Lions and put it on cruise control late in the 24-3 win. It was their 8th win in the last 9 meetings vs Penn St.