A couple of weeks ago I gave you the odds to win the 2012 National Championship courtesy of Bovada. In today’s blog I will give you Bovada’s updated odds to win Super Bowl XLVII after yesterday’s news that Peyton Manning will be a Denver Bronco next year.
I must stress that while PhilSteele.com does not affiliate itself with gambling, I do think it is interesting to see how Vegas is examining the upcoming season.
Also make sure you are checking out my updated 2012 Draft Preview with a Top 10 position by position outlook and the top performers at each position during each drill at the combine.
Don’t forget to check out our Spring Central section to get 2012 schedules, coaching changes, who’s back/who’s not and all the NFL Draft early entrants.
Bovada Odds to Win 2013 Super Bowl
XLVII @ Superdome-New Orleans, LA
Sunday, February 3, 2013
|1||Green Bay Packers||13/2|
|2||New England Patriots||15/2|
|3||New Orleans Saints||10/1|
|6||San Francisco 49ers||14/1|
|9||New York Giants||16/1|
|12||San Diego Chargers||22/1|
|16||New York Jets||30/1|
|21||Kansas City Chiefs||50/1|
|26||St Louis Rams||75/1|
|26||Tampa Bay Buccaneers||75/1|
1. Green Bay 13/2-The Super Bowl 45 champs and LY’s 15-1 season make the Pack clearly one of the early favorites and why not with QB Rodgers back behind center and of course they have done a solid job in recent drafts.
2. New England 15/2-Even with a loss in Super Bowl 46, the Patriots are one of the early favorites to capture their first title since 2004. In recent years they have retooled their defense and added a couple of outstanding TE’s and you can never count out Brady and Belichick.
3. New Orleans 10/1-The Saints arguably had one of the best offenses in the history of the NFL last season. While they had a tough playoff road loss to the 49ers, with Brees and Co back expect more of the same high-flying Saints and I’m sure they would love nothing more than to play the Super Bowl in their home stadium.
4. Denver Broncos 12/1-The Broncos were my inspiration to write this blog today as just a few weeks ago they were at least 50/1 odds at many places. Now with the addition of QB Manning, the Broncos probably have their best chance at winning to the Super Bowl since John Elway was on the sidelines more than a decade ago.
4. Houston Texans 12/1-The Texans won their first playoff game in franchise history last year and did so with their #3 QB Yates. With a healthy QB Schaub throwing to WR Johnson, a great RB in Foster and one of the NFL’s best defenses, Houston may become perennial playoff winner.